Paying your bill
Every other month, you will receive a postcard bill from the West Suburban Water Commission, and we offer several ways for you to pay your water bill.
- We accept payment in the form of cash, check, money orders and credit cards. Please make checks payable to: West Suburban Water Commission
- Mail or drop off your payment. The office is open Monday thru Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. A drop box is located outside the building for your convenience when the office is closed. Payments can be mailed to:
West Suburban Water Commission
7000 S. Archer Road
Justice, IL 60458
- Sign up for automatic payment (ACH Debit) through your checking or savings account. You will receive a bill, but the payments will be made from your bank automatically. ACH Debit is a secure transaction. To sign up, simply fill out this form.
A 10% penalty will be added to the unpaid balance if not paid on or before the due date. Payments must be received by 4:30 on the day the bill is due to avoid the penalty. Failure to receive the bill does not excuse the penalty charge.
New Customers: All new customers are required to pay a Security Deposit as stated in the Water Commission Rules and Regulations, which is available at our office. Upon request, the deposit will be refunded after two years of on-time payments or in the event your property is sold.
Meter Reading Schedule
Residential water meters are read every other month according to the following schedule:
Commercial meters are read and billed every month.
Questions? Call us at 708-458-7010.
2019 Water Rates
$71.04 1st 6,000 Gallons
$11.30 over 6,000 Gallons
$8.90 per 1,000 Gallons
Qualified Veterans and Active Military Personnel
Qualified Veterans and Active Military Personnel are able to get a discount of $8.90 per 1,000 Gallons
$37.29 1st 3,000 Gallons
$11.30 over 3,000 Gallons
Frequently asked questions about your bill
- What is the easiest way to pay my bill?
- I need information on my past water usage, how can I get that?
- My bill seems really high, what should I do?
- I am having trouble paying my bill, who do I talk to?
- Are there watering restrictions this year, and if so, what are they?
What is the easiest way to pay my bill?
The easiest way to pay your bill is with automatic payment (ACH Debit) through your checking or savings account. You will receive a bill, but the payments will be made from your bank automatically. ACH Debit is a secure transaction. To sign up, simply fill out this form.
↑ Back to top
I need information on my past water usage, how can I get that?
My bill seems really high, what should I do?
- The most common cause of high water bills is a leak.
- First, make sure your toilet isn’t running. This is the most common cause of a high water bill. A simple test will tell you. Put a few drops of food coloring in the tank, but don’t flush. If the water in the bowl changes color in a few minutes, you have a leak.
- Check the water meter. If the dial is moving and there is no water being used, you have a leak.
- You can always call the office if you have additional questions. 708-458-7010
I am having trouble paying my bill, who do I talk to?
We recognize times are tough for many people. Call our office and we will be happy to work with you. 708-458-7010
↑ Back to top
Are there watering restrictions this year, and if so, what are they?
None this year. We will notify you and put the information on this website if there is.
↑ Back to top